Board Meeting Highlights – Sept. 15, 2021
Trustees met on site for the first meeting of the 2021-22 school year
- The Director reviewed the progress of the Board priorities for 2021-22.
- The Facilities Department presented a PowerPoint of work done over the summer for each school site.
- Trustees reviewed Saskatchewan School Board Association’s (SSBA) revised position statements, proposed 2022 budget and the general insurance plan.
- The Ministry of Education’s work plan for the 2021-22 curriculum development was shared.
- The on-going relationship with local Health was discussed, particularly in relation to the current COVID challenges.
- The 2021-22 Board Ownership Linkage Plan and the 2021-22 Continuous Agenda were presented.
- Trustees all engaged in COVID-19 OH&S training for 2021-22.
- Supporting diversity is a priority of the Board, an update on activities was given.
- Management gave an update on current staffing and school year start up activities.
- Next meeting will take place on October 13, 2021.